Plant Inspiration - Corn Plant (Dracaena Fragrans)
Are you in need of planting inspiration?
Our newest feature takes a regular look at plants that can be grown in our eco-friendly pots, including details on how to care for them.
Our second plant in this feature is the Corn Plant, another easy to care for evergreen, native to tropical Africa.
Corn Plant (Dracaena Fragrans) Facts;
- Native to tropical Africa from from Sudan south to Mozambique, west to Côte d'Ivoire and southwest to Angola.
- Species of flowering plant in the Asparagaceae family.
- Average lifetime of the Corn Plant is 10-15 years.
- Can reach up to 15m in height in it's native climate - most likely to reach around 2m in height in the UK if cared for properly.
How to care for your Corn Plant;
- Likes filtered, low light conditions.
- DO NOT PLACE IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
- Relatively low maintenace in terms of watering. Don't allow soil to dry out completely and use filtered water.
Recommended Green Tones planter for Corn Plant: Classic Plant Pot
Stay tuned for our next planting inspiration post!
- Green Tones
- Plant Pots
- Eco Friendly
- Bamboo Fibre
- Pet Accessories
- Celebrity Big Brother
- Black Friday Deals!